A beautiful hike with many habitat transitions. Tirath, the origin of the Tirthan River is a pilgrimage site for the local community. Moderate to strenuous.
Gushaini (1500m) to Rolla (2100m): Walk through Ecozone of GHNP. Gentle gradient at the beginning of trek. Distance: 10 kms.
Rolla to Nada (3300m) Thach: Moderate to strenuous climb through oak and conifer forests. A prominent tree god near Chalocha (2450 m) from where the climb starts. Possible sightings of Himalayan Tahr or Black Bear. Nada thatch (meadow) very good for bird watching. Distance: 12 kms.
Nada Thach to Majhoni (3800m): Gradual to steep descent through forests. Distance: 12 kms.
Majhoni to Tirath (4000m) and back Majhoni: Moderate gradient leading into the vast meadow of Tirath Offering views of magnificent mountain panoramas. Tirath, the origin of Tirthan river has a glacial lake which is sacred to the villagers of Tirthan valley. Vegetation is stunted showing influence of extreme cold temperatures. Distance: 8 kms.
Trek from Majhoni to Nada Thach. Distance: 12 kms. Day 6: Rest day at Nada. Bird watching.
Nada Thatch to Rolla-descent. Distance: 12 km.
Rolla to Gushaini. Distance: 10 km. Total Distance: 76 kms.
- Accommodation in Guest house on Day 1 and Day 8 at Gushaini. Accommodation in Tents for remaining days during trek.
- All meals (Break fast, Lunch, Dinner) from Day 1 to Day 8. Tea and snacks will be served frequently during trek.
- Permit charges for GHNP (Great Himalayan National Park).
- Sleeping bags and all other trekking accessories for your comfortable stay during trek.
- Travel Cost to/from Gushaini.
- Personal Beverages of any kind
- Personal Expenses of any kind
- Tips, shopping and personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions list
- Pick up and drop from/to AUT. We can provide transport (Scorpio or similar kind of Vehicle) for this stretch and charges would be 1000 INR per trip.