These quaint Himalayan villages are a crazy mix of people, legends and unique architecture. This trail will drop you into wide scenic vistas of rolling mountains and rich terrace farms, each a different shade of green, as if the signature of the farmer tending the soil. Nature seems to be in harmony with a happy people.
Day one: Arrive Jibhi early in the morning (For more details, please see how to reach Jibhi section) and grace yourself with delicious breakfast. Later lodge yourself in the guest house built of wood and stone slabs displaying the Himalayan architecture. In the second half of the day we will take you to nearby waterfall and get you in shape with rappelling.
Day two: Soon after breakfast, we will depart for Jalori pass which is situated at an elevation of 3300 meters. Surrounded by dense oak forest and towering deodar, meadows at Jalori offers inspiring views of Himalayas.
We will also go for a short trek to Sarehul lake which lies at an elevation of 3050 meters. This area is surrounded by oak forest interspersed with meadows of wild flowers. In lunch we will have famous maggi of Jalori Pass.
We will transfer to Gushaini in the evening.In Gushaini, we will be staying on the bank of River Tirthan.
Day three: Last day of the tour will take you around the villages in Tirthan Valley and finally allow you to kick back on the bank of the river while trying trout fishing. In the evening, we will transfer to AUT to catch transport back to our respective destinations.
How to reach Jibhi
From Delhi, you need to take any overnight bus service to Manali/Kullu and get down at AUT. There are many private tour operators running luxury buses on this route and all of these depart in the evening. We will personally recommend you to do booking with Himanchal Road Transport buses (Volvo). Bus booking can be done online either by HRTC website or any other booking portal.
After reaching AUT in the morning, you will find buses (both private and HRTC ) plying to Banjar or you may also get a direct bus to Jibhi. From Banjar, you can get connecting bus to Jibhi. Alternatively you can also get a private taxi from Aut to Jibhi. Finally call us if still not sure about the route.
- Accommodation in Guest houses on twin sharing basis for 2 nights/3 days. Guest houses in Jibhi and Gushaini are built in Swiss style with wooden and stone slabs. Rooms have got plenty of space and furnished with all the modern amenities.
- Breakfast (all 3 days), Lunch (Day 1 and Day 3), Dinner (Day 1 and Day 2), morning and evening tea, occasional snacks. On Day 2, we will have lunch at Dabba near Jalori Pass.
- Activities (Rappelling, Trout Fishing) with a guide and an expert.
- Guided trek to Sarehul lake.
- Permit charges for Trout Fishing.
- Transport from Jibhi to Jalori pass, Jibhi to Gushaini.
- Travel Cost to Jibhi or from Gushaini.
- Personal Beverages of any kind
- Personal Expenses of any kind
- Tips, shopping and personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions list
- Pick up and drop from/to AUT. We can provide transport (Scorpio or similar kind of Vehicle) for this stretch and charges would be 1200 INR per trip.