We will arrive at Leh early in the morning. We will rest and acclimatize in the hotel rooms equipped with room heating. In the evening, we will stroll in the streets of Leh and watch the reflection of evening sun on snow-clad mountains.
Settlements of Drokpa and Brokpa community, these twin villages are renowned as “Last home of Aryans”. Today we will drive through beautiful villages of Kaltsey, Domkhar, Skurbuchan and Achinathang. Out of number of Brokpa villages, Dha and Hanu are the only two villages open for tourists.
It will be an easy day with local Leh city sightseeing. Guests will be free to walk on their own, do shopping and attend Ice-hockey tournament. it will be a vehicle-free day.
Day 8 | Sunday – So long to white memories
- Accommodation in mid-range hotel on twin sharing basis for 7Nights/8 days. Guests will be staying in a 3 star hotel equipped with central heating, hot water and all other modern amenities. In Nubra, Guest house is basic but equipped with all the required amenities like room heating etc.
- Breakfast Lunch and Dinner for all days. During days of tour (Day 2/3/4/5/6), we will carry packed lunch from the hotel and serve it during the tour.
- All car transfers from day 1 to day 8 in Innova. It also includes pick up and drop from Leh Airport. Vehicle will be equipped with heating.
- Inner line permit charges for whole tour.
- Guided tour to all the attractions of the itinerary including comprehensive tour to monasteries, hot water springs, Nubra and Pangong.
- Guided Village walk to Dha and Hanu Villages.
- Flight tickets from/to Leh.
- Personal Beverages of any kind
- Personal Expenses of any kind
- Tips, shopping and personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions list
Things to Carry:
Winters in Ladakh are very harsh and glamorous at the same time. Temperature during day time will vary from -5 to -10 degree but mercury may drop -25 to -30 during nights. During this program you will be staying in rooms equipped with heating and also commuting in a vehicle equipped with heating. However we recommend you to carry proper clothing to withstand the sub-zero temperature of Ladakh Plateau. Here is a short list
– Trekking Shoes (Avoid Brand New) – Sport shoes are also fine provided a decent ground grip and stuffed enough to withstand the sub-zero temperature.
– Hand Gloves (Woolen would be our recommendation), monkey cap, balaclava etc.
– Multiple pairs of woolen shocks.
– Multiple pairs of thermal inner (Both upper and lower).
– Cold Cream and Sun Screen lotion
– Personal Medicine Kit however there are couple of medical stores and physician in Leh town.
– To withstand cold, you should dress in layers with multiple inner warmers, fleece jackets etc.
– You will be getting nutritious meals during the whole program however you may consider carrying chocolates and dry fruits.
– It is possible that the tour can get postponed if the flights are getting cancelled as Leh Aiport gets closed if there is heavy snow-fall in days in succession.
– Please note that the itinerary mentioned is subjected to weather and road conditions. During winters, road to remote locations of Ladakh gets blocked very often due to snow. In case of bad weather and inaccessibility to a destination, our tour manager will curate the alternate plans. The cost of the tour or any part of it will not be refunded in the event of unfavourable conditions anytime during the tour days, after the tour begins.